Monday, April 07, 2008

The weekend in review

Friday night Tim, Carisa, Michael and I checked out a new-ish rock club in the south loop called Reggie's. It's a bit out of the way, but a very cool place to hear some good music, have a drink, or some food. The place is separated into three different sections: a concert venue, a bar, and a record store. An all in one stop. I think it's great to spread the "scene" to the south side...and the drive was worth the trip.

Our Saturday morning commute from Tim's hood to mine was interesting since the redline was closed for the day (dontcha love the warning you get from CTA)and my brownline stop is closed for a whole year. Kind of throws a monkey wrench into things, but I enjoy riding buses, so I don't mind. But I think it took us like an hour of travel.

Since it was about 68 degrees out on Saturday, we had to spend the entire day outside. We went to the Baha'I Temple and Downtown Evanston, which was nice to see. And we had lunch at a yummy Cajun place called Dixie's Baitshop.

Later that night Tim and I drank sangria and beer at Sarah's house party. Which was followed up the next day with a BBQ dinner cooked by Lee. It was awesome! We had t-bone steaks (with horseradish), BBQ chicken, grilled zucchini and onion...mmm. Looking forward to the "Cuban-inspired" BBQ coming soon.

My brother dropped me off at my place, but I wasn't ready to settle in for the night, so I called Olivia to see if she'd like to meet for dessert/beers. We started off at Starbucks (one of the many) in Roscoe Village then moved over to the Riverfront bar. What a perfect way to wind down the weekend.

1 comment:

Olivia Hein said...

i'm always up for late night desserts and drinks! :)