Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mix it up

So it's safe to say that I'm obsessed with this mixtape website. I've been perusing a ton of playlists the past couple of days and I've noticed two songs that are reoccurring:

1. Bon Iver, Skinny Love
2. Kate Nash, Pumpkin Soup
3. any song by MGMT

Other observations...
• About 75% of the time, I can not identify any of the bands on a given playlist. Isn't that odd? Just goes to show you how music is out there.
• That being said, a lot of people like really shitty speed punk, and crappy techno music (not to be confused with "mash-ups"...I actually like those).

Oh...I even found this Opera mix, which is kind of nice when I'm really busy at work:
http://streusand.muxtape.com/

Plus, I made this quick Radiohead mix this morning: http://radioheadmix.muxtape.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could do that at work. I'll have to try and figure this out. :)

-Carisa

Unknown said...

Bon Iver is, apparently, blowing up. I almost put Skinny Love on my 'mux'... can't say the album as a whole really blows my mind though.

Also: Rene was the first one to recommend him to me.. so of course its kinda whiny, haha.

Olivia Hein said...

i heart opera :)

Anonymous said...

i apparently fell into the skinny love trap, so i replaced it immediately for fear of being labeled as such. i've also noticed a lot of music by the pooh sticks, which is an amazing name in my opinion. and of course the pooh sticks made me think of jello pudding pops and how amazing they were, and about those pudding pops they brought back which weren't nearly as amazing as i wanted them to be.

adam

Michi said...

hahah...you should comment more often