Tuesday, April 08, 2008

inspiration





Something I love about being a designer is the way you can take something you see while walking down the street or shopping in a clothing store and use it in your design. I often find inspiration for color choices this way. For example, a while back I was with friends walking through a United Colors of Benetton store when I was inspired by the color combinations they were using for their spring line. Lime green, plum purple and a bright aquamarine blue. I loved these together so much that I used them for our Spring Program Guide this year.

I also look at the Pantone website to check out their color trends. I love looking at all the fashion designer's sketches. They are always so flowy and elegant. As if it took them 5 seconds to create it.

1 comment:

Olivia Hein said...

first - your guide looks incredible. well done, michi!
second - i heart united colors of benetton
third - yay for color and spring!

:)