Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"OMFG" PB&J

I was driving to work this morning when in the corner of my eye I saw a rather steamy ad plastered on a brick wall. The ad showed two people in the "throws on passion" with the acronym OMFG (I think we can figure out what that stands for) scrolled across the bottom. I recognized the font, then saw that it was indeed a Gossip Girl ad. Was this for real?! I don't know much about this show, but aren't the main characters in high school?! I'm not a prude, but it this really appropriate? Especially when the guys on that show look like this.


I'll tell you what else isn't appropriate...paying $4.30 for a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich at Potbelly's. I'm not kidding you, it was Jif peanut butter and Smuckers grape jelly on a toasted roll. That's it. $4.30. Not again.

(I do love some Potbelly's though and I did enjoy my apple and banana smoothie– yum!)

10 comments:

Olivia Hein said...

i was just reading my Entertainment Weekly magazine last night and saw a steamy ad that had "OMG", written in big, bold, white font. It was for Gossip Girl, too!!!

It really bothered me almost as much as the douchebag male actors do.

And I don't like Potbelly's or PB&Js...so I agree, don't pay money for that. Go to Chipotle instead!

Anonymous said...

OMFG! Does Chipotle have cheaper PB&Js?

Michi, you're a prude.

Lee

Anonymous said...

chipotle burrito with chicken:

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1110 Cal from Fat 359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41g 63%
Saturated Fat 17g 83%
Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 180mg 60%
Sodium 2498mg 104%
Total Carbs 122g 41%
Dietary Fiber 17g 68%
Sugars 10g

Protein 64g
Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% • Iron 0%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

INGREDIENTS: Cheese,Corn Salsa,13" Tortilla,Black Beans,Rice,Chicken (4oz),Sour Cream

yours truly,

adam

p.s. streaming tunes should come from The Current on Minnesota Public Radio.

Anonymous said...

So Adam. You're trying to make a case that Chipotle is bad for one's diet? Does your nutritional breakdown take serving size into account? (1burrito = how many number of servings?)

Lee

Olivia Hein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olivia Hein said...

adam -why you hatin' on Chipotle?

yesterday i inhaled an entire burrito in 20 minutes. my boss was impressed.

Anonymous said...

lee,

i'm assuming one serving = one burrito. here: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

olivia,

i ain't hatin' on chipotle... i'm merely trying to take the side of the defenseless pb&j. the same pb&j who has always been there for me during the times i forgot to go grocery shopping, those lovely summer picnics with the flies all over the food, and during college when I had limited funds. i like chipotle though... they're all environmentally savvy now too. i wonder if all that 2500 mg of sodium is natural sea salt. positive: outside of the great taste, it apparently makes for a nice BM (17 g of fiber yo).

adam

Anonymous said...

Michelle would benefit from a good-sized BM.

Lee

Unknown said...

I saw that Gossip Girl poster, and assuming that it was a movie title, immediately ran home and blew the dust off my screenplay entitled "ROFL, LOL!" So long, poor house!

Olivia Hein said...

ok, i just read these last few comments while on the phone with a vendor and busted out laughing! i had to explain why i was laughing so hard...

you guys crack me up!