Friday, May 23, 2008

Urban Lift

My hair's been lookin' a little boring lately. I was going with the angled bob for a while, but all it took was seeing one soccer mom out in the 'burbs with my haircut for me to want my long hair back...stat. But I still needed to do something so it's not just sitting there. So I looked up salons on Yelp and found a highly rated place right down the street! Plus they were able to see me in a hour. This was awesome to me because I'm no good at planning a haircut 3 weeks in advance.

The salon is called Urban Lift. I when I walked in I noticed how small the place was, and how friendly all the stylists were with eachother....joking around, grabbing lunch for eachother, etc. It had a really cool vibe. The owner is right there with the junior stylist cutting hair and interacting with customers. I got my hair cut by Natalie, and she was great. She made sure she knew exactly what I wanted before even shampooing my hair. She took my picture of Ashley Simpson and explained how the cut would work on me...how it work with my face, etc. She was very careful with the cut, talking to me step by step to make sure I was happy. Plus she was easy to talk too and friendly. PLUS, i got a 20% discount for being a first time client, in addition to another 10% discount because Natalie is a junior stylist (from Aveda). To top everything off, she told I can get free bang trims whenever I need it. Yay for finding a hairstylist within walking distance! :)

I recommend this place to everyone I know in Chicago. My total came to $35. And guy cuts start at $35. Not bad at all.

No comments: