Tuesday, May 06, 2008

RAAAADDDDIOHEAAAAD!


UPDATE: The rumors are true! On Pitchfork Media they have a list of tour dates showing Radiohead will be playing Lolla on Aug. 1! They have a show in Indiana on Aug. 3. This is very good news :D

The Radiohead concert last night was perfect. Anthony and I had a comfortable spot on the lawn with a great view. The stage set up was beautiful with long, floor to ceiling florescent tubing that provide quite the light show. Behind the band was a horizontal screen with a montage of video footage focused on each band member. With the binoculars Anthony and I shared throughout the show, we had a close up view of Thom York's crazy possessed dance moves. We couldn't help but laugh at his spastic movements.

I kept track of the setlist (yes I'm a dork):
All I Need
Bodysnatchers
There There
Reckoner
The Gloaming
Morning Bell
Nude
15 Step
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Idioteque
Bullet Proof
Where I End And You Begin
Airbag
Everything In It's Right Place
National Anthem
Videotape
Optimistic
Just
Faust Arp
Exit Music for a Film
Bangers & Mash
House of Cards
Fade Out
and How to Disappear Completely was somewhere in there...


They played for 2 hours! I'm so happy I decided to make a trip to FL for this show. I had a great time hanging out with my little bro. The weather was perfect, and I was outdoors watching my favorite band. What else could you ask for? I'm so happy my friends will get the chance to see them at Lolla this year. I've got my fingers crossed that the rumor is true and they will play Friday night.

I found some videos of last nights show on YouTube. Clearly these people had better seats than I. Check out Thom's moves in the first one.


3 comments:

Olivia Hein said...

i'm sooo glad you got a chance to see them and it sounds like Florida with Anthony was the perfect way to go!

:)

WanderingellimaC said...

sooooooooooo jealous!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Way to go Meech! Woo Hoo!

Lee