Monday, May 12, 2008

Real Relief?

The day has come. Gas prices in Chicago have reached over $4 a gallon...and for the first time, I'm scared. I honestly didn't think this would happen. It frightens me to think that there seems to be no end in sight for how high we will see these prices rise. It blows my mind that, with gas costing $4.20 in some parts of town, it is still cheaper for me to drive 40+ miles a day than to take public transportation! Somethings gotta give, right?!

Well, finally, something is happening to really help relieve us commuters of this increasing adjustment to our budget. I'm talking to our HR woman tomorrow to see if this is something my company would consider. If they did, I'd be riding the train everyday.

What if your employer paid for you to ride to work on the CTA or Metra?

No comments: