Saturday, March 29, 2008

My biopsy went well yesterday and I should get the results back on Monday or Tuesday (fingers crossed). This was a routine annual biopsy, so nothing brought it on...in case you were worried. :)

Even though I only to do this once a year, it still sucks, and it makes me realize how quickly 12 months flies by. While I sat in the waiting room half asleep (6:30 am appointment), I looked around and realized something very important about myself. I'm a strong girl. Not physically, but mentally. There were about 5 other patients waiting to be called in...all with a small group of family members with them. And then there was me, alone and calm. I stroll into these things like it's nothing...probably because I've done it about 8 times. The nurses all love me because they don't have to calm my nerves or explain whats about to happen. All they have to do is promptly bring me food when it's all done.

Thanks Tim for picking my hobbling ass up and taking me home. And thanks Lee for sending me the family pics via mom's phone camera. Wish I could have been home in Florida enjoying warm air, sunshine, and amazing sushi. :)

2 comments:

Olivia Hein said...

you have a very strong spirit. it's one of the many qualities you have that i admire. :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww.

I'd be happy to go with you next year.

Lee