Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bleeding Hearts and Corned Beef


"Bleeding Heart Bakery began as the end result of Valentin and Michelle Garcia's love affair with baking, cooking, punk rock and all things organic."

Saturday morning Tim and I checked out a new bakery called Bleeding Heart Bakery. I've been wanting to go here since I noticed the old Butterkist sign had changed to a new name. So finally we went. It was like a punk rock bakery with paintings of hearts (human hearts) playing the guitar. (...anyone got $200?!) I got a blueberry lemon scone and a chai. It was delicious! I had a very hard time deciding what to get. There were tons of yummy looking options. It's safe to say that we'll be back for seconds.

To wrap up St. Patty's Day, Sarah (Lee's girlfriend) hosted a small get together for some corned beef and cabbage! This was hand down the best Irish food I've ever had. The corned beef melted in my mouth and the cabbage with carrots and potatoes were SO good. After dinner we all sat around and played the card/drinking game "Waterfalls" or as it's also known as, "Kings and Queens." I haven't played this game since college so I was little rusty, but quickly got back into the swing of it. My favorite cards are 9...for bust a rhyme, and 10...for categories. :) Looking forward to Lee's new Sunday afternoon BBQ's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We thank you and Tim for coming! Plan on a hispanic-themed bbq in the very near future.

Lee

Olivia Hein said...

i recommend their croissants!