Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sewing 101

I just signed up for a beginner sewing class at the The Needle Shop! I'm so excited that I'm finally doing this :) Recently I have felt this sudden urge to be creative. I know my job has creativity sort of built into it, but I've wanted something more. I want to use my hands again, since everything I do is on the computer.
I'm also going to sign up for a pottery class through work (which means it's free :). I've noticed that since I've entered into the work force, I've kind of lost touch with what I really like to do (surprise, surprise). I love graphic design, but sometimes at work, it's more about getting a project out the door and meeting a deadline. I miss the concept-driven, artistic environment I enjoyed in college where I had figure drawing classes, pottery classes, painting, etc. Classes where I really felt challenged to try new things and get my hands dirty. I can't wait to start making things again! :)

1 comment:

Olivia Hein said...

their website is sooo cool! it makes me want to be artsy. ;)