Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Last night I had dinner with Mary and Kathie, two friends from work. We ate at the delicious Fuegos in downtown Arlington Heights. I always enjoy spending time with these ladies. They are both in their 50's and have children who have had children. They are also both in successful longterm marriages. I love hearing their stories about when they were my age and all the experiences that have lead them up til now. Kathie is a breast cancer survivor, so her and I like to trade medical stories.

On the drive home, I listened to the live broadcast of the Wilco show at the Riv. During "Company in my Mind" Tweedy censored 'shit' out of the lyrics...haha. And aparantly the band gave free hot chocolate and coffee to the people waiting in line before the show. That's nice because last night was ungodly cold :)

Last night I didn't get much sleep because of my cold. I woke feeling tired and crusty and almost called in sick. Instead I'm just going in late. I don't think I'll be able to go out tonight, which sucks because it was gonna be a lot of fun.

I hate being sick.

No comments: