Friday, June 27, 2008

why my city rocks!

I was trolling my weekend bible, Metromix Chicago, when I came across this photo:



That's a picture of a program offered in the summer at Millennium Park where they run free workout sessions! What an amazing idea. I would love to do Yoga in the middle of the park with the city skyline in the background. I love my city.

Plans for the weekend include BAM! Fest, where we'll see Cursive, Maritime, and The Redwalls for a mere $5 donation. Plus it's walking distance from my house!

Also Taste of Chicago kicks off this weekend. Maybe we'll check that out, but I hear it's pure insanity. Might hold off and not go during opening weekend.

The Gay and Lesbian parade is this Sunday. Always a great opportunity for some quality people watching.

1 comment:

Olivia Hein said...

- Old 97s are performing at the Taste on July 4th, free show. Let me know if you want to go.

-I'm riding on a float for the Gay Pride Parade. I'll try to throw you candy if I see you in the crowd. :)

-BAM! on Saturday is going to be awesome! I told Chris we're meeting up between 5:30 and 6pm. Now we just have to hope the rain holds off.

i heart chicago.