Sunday, June 29, 2008

Drive By Press


On Saturday, Tim and I meet up with some friends at the BAM Music Fest. There were lots of booths featuring local artists selling jewelry, paintings, and t-shirts. We came across the Drive-By Press booth where you could pick a shirt, then pick a woodblock design, and they created your shirt right there in front of you...for only $20. It was the most unique idea! After visiting their website, I found out that they travel around setting up camp at events and similar festivals. I picked out an awesome woodcut of earphones and a heather gray shirt. I have to let it dry for about 4 days before I can wear it. I can't wait...love my new shirt. :) I'll take a photo of it soon, but the style is similar to the astronaut skull image attached.

One of my favorite bands, Cursive, closed out the festival with a great set that included old favorites, as well as some newer songs. I'm glad I finally got the chance to see them live. I missed them 2 years ago at Lollapalooza, and again last year when they came back to Chicago.

1 comment:

Olivia Hein said...

i'm so glad we were able to hang out at BAM! I can't wait to see your shirt. :)

just know, i am always willing to hunt down napkins for you. hee hee