Monday, June 23, 2008

Angels & Kings

Apparently Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) has opened a bar in Chicago called Angels & Kings. It's a rock bar in probably the most un-"rock " part of town...it's a couple blocks off Michigan Ave...a very swank, high-class area. That said...I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. I'd be up for checking it out at some point to see what it's all about. I guess when you walk in, you take a mugshot (or maybe that was just for the opening?)...that sounds kinda fun.

This is what I'm most curious about...who's going to go? Considering the location, it doesn't seem like he's aiming for the Wicker Park/Bucktown/Logan Square crowd. And I can only assume the drink prices will be ridiculous...and considering that most people I know enjoy the Pabst Blue Ribbon...um, that's not gonna fly. So this will be an interesting experiment. My prediction is this...there will be a lot of people there who pay a lot of money to look like they don't. Know what I mean?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet its mostly tourists.

Lee

Anonymous said...

Here are some pics from the preview party, it actually looks like a pretty cool place. But you're right, a wicker park location would have been better.

http://chicago.metromix.com/bars-and-clubs/photogallery/angels-and-kings-chicago/469604/content