Monday, September 04, 2006

so...

After 2 months of job hunting, I think something very good has finally come along. I went on that interview with the company that randomly called me while I was driving to Crate & Barrel. Turns out they are exactly the kind of company I've been hoping to work for. They are located downtown and work a lot in the sports entertainment industry and have clients like ESPN, Wilson, and the Chicago Bulls. They do everything from marketing to PR to video production, to graphic design all under one roof; a one stop shop. Since I knew that they called me, it was the most comfortable interview I've ever been on because I felt confident that they would like my work (after all, why else would they want to meet with me?). They told me that they like to get to know their graphic designers on a freelance basis at first to see whether or not you can work at their pace and fit in with the team. This would mean working on-site freelance for 2 days a week, then more, then evidentially (hopefully) full-time. The freelance period would last anywhere from 1-3 months before they make a desicion on whether or not to keep you. This all sounded great to me, especially after I told them that during that time I would continue to look for full-time work (because you never know) and they supported that idea. However they did say that they would hope that I would consider them first, which made me feel like there was a real chance of full-time work with them. After the interview, the art director gave me a tour of the office. The style of the studio was very hip and loft-like with hardwood floors, exposed ceiling, a lounge area with a big screen TV, a ping pong table, and a separate space for just the graphic designers (who by the way were playing good music). After the interview the woman told me they would be calling me soon to talk about details. Yeah! Finally something to be excited about. Let's hope this all pans out :)

No comments: