Tuesday, September 12, 2006

bummer

it's officially a no-go for working at Crate. I received a letter from them in the mail letting me down softly. I'm really bummed about it because I really wanted to work there. Sometimes I feel like I'm just not good enough to work at the places I really want to work at. Blaaaaaahhh. Oh well. Moving along.

I have two interviews coming up this week. One on Thursday with the University Of Chicago and one on Friday with a small design company that manages a few art stores in the downtown chicago area. Pray for me people! I'm so bored beyond belief as an unemployeed person. I wonder how stay at home moms DO it! Tomorrow I'm going to join the gym across the street because with all this time on my hands I might as well have a kick ass body ;) Also, I'm pretty sure I'll be working part-time at Banana Republic so that I don't go completely insane during the day...maybe an employee discount will allow me to buy some clothes to finally dress my age.

2 comments:

Olivia Hein said...

i'm bummed too :(

Anonymous said...

That's too bad: I'm sorry to hear it. Being unemployed would at least be more interesting in the city, but then again, there are many more distractions to keep you from really applying yourself to the job search.

Hang in there, kiddo! I'll have to come see that Banana Republic-clad, kick-ass body sometime soon (I've been doing some gym work of my own, though I don't know if the results are that noteworthy).